Moroccan Arts and Crafts for Kids
Moroccan arts and crafts are a fun way to help children learn about the Moroccan culture or a way to keep them busy.
Although most Moroccan crafts require skills and training, kids can do simpler ones such as a jingle anklet, beaded necklace, a friendship bracelet, a mosaic stepping stone, or create a Moroccan-inspired rug by weaving by hand cloth strips.
As an example, here is a guide on how you can make a jingle anklet:
You will need the following:
- Elastic trim
- 36 small jingle bells with holes, or more, depending on the size of the child’s ankle
- Thin, bright-colored ribbons
- Binder clip
- Measuring tape
- Measure the child’s ankle.
- Be sure to add two inches to the measurement before cutting the elastic trim.
- Place the binder clip on one end of the elastic to ensure that the bells don’t fall off.
- Insert the elastic through the holes of the bell.
- Remove the binder clip.
- Tie the ends of the elastic.
- Cut the ribbons into smaller sizes, enough to tie each ribbon in between the bells.