Tips on How to Survive a Moroccan Bazaar Like a Pro
Don’t be fazed by the commotion that goes on in a Moroccan bazaar. There’s a lot of things going on in a Moroccan bazaar, but it only takes a few tips to learn and follow before you can act like a pro and enjoy your trip to the bazaar to the fullest.
- Research about the bazaar. If you have anything in mind that you would want to buy in particular, then ask around before going into the bazaar so you won’t get lost. There are a lot of lanes and stalls, but if you know what you want and know where to find them, then you’ll be off to a good start.
- There are a lot of Moroccan bazaars, and you should keep in mind that not all bazaars are alike.
- Be sure to practice your haggling skill because you will need it. It is good to remember that people in a Moroccan bazaar usually haggle for a third less than the original price. Sellers don’t give in right away, but that is why we’re warning you to practice those skills before going into the bazaar. You may or may not get that sale price in the end, but one thing’s for sure – it’s mostly possible to get items at a price lower than the original price.
- Schedule your bazaar visit during opening or closing hours. These schedules make the perfect timing to buy items at a lower price, either because the stalls are just opening or sellers want to go home, and so they sell the items at a much lower price.
- Expect chaos and disorder, but that’s the beauty of a Moroccan bazaar.
Add A Comment